Friday, November 14, 2008

Rainy Friday, home-work

Another rainy Friday! (view from the deck towards the runway)

I was inspired for some reason to do some "spring" cleaning.....well, not "some", just one thing, actually....my "baking supplies" that are stored in my rotating cabinet were sorely in need of organizing/cleaning/sorting/etc. First, I took everything out....


And put it on the countertop above....wow, that's alot of stuff!!

After cleaning the carousel, cleaning the canisters, sorting thru/throwing out old stuff - the selves are much neater and cleaner!! Now I know where stuff is....for now, anyway!
After touching all the baking supplies, I had to bake something!! It was a chocolate cake...and after that, I had to "clean" the bowl....no boys at home anymore to fight over it. (I must admit I left a little extra in the bowl....yum!)


Last, but not least is a find from the bottom shelf. Stuck in the back, behind a couple of un-used canisters was a can of mix for a bread machine that my sis send me from N. Dakota...at least a couple of years ago, I think....oops! So, I baked it after the cake in the still warm oven. Double yum!!

2 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

Yep, I leave a little bit extra in the bowl, too! ;) Hope your post will inspire to get some cleaning/organizing done around my place. (especially if bread is the reward!)

Elizabeth said...

Perfect thing to do on a rainy day. I think I'll make some bread tomorrow. E