Friday, April 24, 2009

Almond Filled Cookie Cake

No pictures of this....but it is really good and a really pretty pie/cake! Lindy served it to us at our last book club meeting. YUM!



ALMOND FILLED COOKIE CAKE

CRUST:

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/3 cups sugar

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

½ tsp. Salt

1 egg


FILLING:

1 cup grated or finely-chopped almonds (I use my food processor)

½ cup sugar

1 tsp. Almond extract

1 egg, slightly beaten

whole almonds to garnish the top

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. In large bowl, blend all crust ingredients at lowest speed until dough forms. (I used my food processor with the plastic blade in.) Chill if desired. Divide dough in half; spread half in bottom of prepared pan.

In small bowl, blend all filling ingredients except for whole almonds. Spread over crust to within ½ inch of sides of pan. Between sheets of waxed paper, press remaining dough to 9-inch circle. Remove top layer of waxed paper; place dough over filling. Remove waxed paper; press dough at edges. Garnish with the whole almonds as desired.

Bake at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until light golden brown. (Place foil on rack below pan during baking to guard against spillage.) Cool 15 minutes and then remove from pan. Cool completely.


Lindy Parr, 4/09

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

That does sound good - I think I'll try it - I don't think I can get unsalted Earth Balance so I'll probably just leave out the salt...

Love,

T

Just Marianne said...

I'll vouch for Karen that it is really good! I was there!

Joyce Mineer said...

Me, too! Me, too!

I think it would be perfect for a morning "sweet" with your cuppa' (coffee OR tea)!

Thanks Lindy!