Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another gardening post....

It's been so pretty and warm here lately that all the spring plants are blooming nicely. Hope you North Dakota people are thawed out now....

The first of my "Red Hot Pokers"!


Here are a few shots of my different iris's - I've lost track now of where they came from. Now I guess they're just "mine".

This variety, I have the most of - along with some pretty solid yellow ones.


These are a more solid pale purple.


And these are almost bluish.



Pretty columbine - such a unique little flower.


Here's my "no till garden" - really just holes I dug in the garden - then planted my seedlings - here is some squash. I'll mow around the plants - but no tilling. It's supposed to be a drought resistant way to grow veggies. I'll keep you posted.



Last are my hosta's - they're not as pretty as Mom's are back in the cool mountains. But they're still very pretty!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great pictures of those pretty flowers. I'll try to post some of mine. E

Just Marianne said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

affectioknit said...

Yes it's all very pretty and about as close as I'm going to get to any pretty flowers for at least another month - le sigh....

Love,

T