Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Getting ready for sailing trip to Chesapeake Bay

We're trying to get ready for our trip on the sailboat up to the Chesapeake Bay - just 10 days away now!

Receiving my order of navigational charts yesterday just makes me excited like some kid the night before their Disneyworld trip!



We'll try to shove off Memorial Day weekend from Oriental. We hope to travel thru the Dismal Swamp Canal - where we will encounter our first locks - rising/falling about 8 feet. From there we'll cruise up the coast of Virginia, part of the time with Sharon and Buddy as crew.

We'll venture wherever the two weeks will allow!

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

FUN - I wish I was going...

Love,

T

Karen said...

well, just drive the 24 hours and join us!! the salon area sleeps a few extra bodies....no-one will miss you at home, will they??? love, k

~ Denise ~ said...

What a trip! I agree...it sounds like a lot of fun! You know I'm in Virginia, *wink, wink* ;)

Elizabeth said...

Planning is part of the fun. You are good at that. E

Just Marianne said...

Sounds like a blast! Enjoy the time away and on the WATER!!