Thursday, October 08, 2009

Aaron visited!

Nephew Aaron was in Raleigh for a business trip (am I really old enough to have a nephew on a business trip???) He phoned and said he could swing by on his way back to Charlotte. All my boys were working, so it ended up only me being able to meet him. We had a nice little meal at our local pub - with the added bonus that it was "poker night"! Aaron says he hadn't played in a while....he won some big pots - not sure if he was bluffing or not. He ended up calling my "all-in" bet and giving me all his chips. Nice of him to do that! He needed to get back to Charlotte anyway. (by-the-way, I ended up winning the tournament for the night! Aaron must have been my good luck charm!)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How neat to see you two playing poker together ! ! I know you enjoyed that visit. MOM

affectioknit said...

How nice - I wish he'd stop by and visit me...

Love,

T