Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Book Club outing!

Our book club is reading Jodi Picoult's new novel "House Rules" this month. She happened to be on a promotional tour yesterday at Meridith College - so some of our members got together and had a nice evening out.

After a good meal nearby, we headed over to Meridith. Amazing that I went to school at NC State for 4+ years and resided within 1/2 mile of Meridith - I had never been on their campus.

Jodi's talk was set up in a large auditorium - and was jam-packed. Here's our lovely ladies!


I had never read her books - but many of the club members had. Obviously, the audience contained MANY ardent fans.

Her talk and brief reading from the book was great! I will enjoy the book, I'm sure. She seems like someone you'd enjoy having over for coffee!


This has really nothing to do with the book club, except that I saw it written on the bathroom stall door in the auditorium....I was tickled by the 2X correction of the word "skys".....I guess there were two Meridith girls that hadn't studied their spelling/grammar too well!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Looks like a lot of fun - and HaHa I have been on the Meredith campus - got lost with Linda - trying to visit Eddie his freshman year at State and wound up there asking for directions - I also went to a Latin competition there when I was teaching at Enloe...

...You'll have to hand-me-down the book...

Love,

T

affectioknit said...

PS - I love the bathroom quote too!