Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little more road work

A pretty spring day - a little chilly, but good for working outside! The kid's treehouse was out in the woods and a little dangerous these days. It was up about 10' in the air - supported by 4x4's. It was time for it to come down! I don't think anyone had been in it for years.

You can see it to the right in this photo. It was made from scrap boards and left-over siding from the hangar.



So, Duane just started disassembling the legs and it eventually fell in one piece to the ground. Notice the bucket still attached to a rope. This was used to lift things up into the treehouse...there was a trap door that you used to enter via a ladder from below. I removed the front panel .....and now....it's a....


Shed for firewood! 'cause we're making plenty of firewood right now! Don't know why - because we don't have anything that burns firewood!


Oh, can't forget the story about the stray dog. Duane went to get the paper this morning and this beautiful dog followed him home. And then wouldn't leave! He was adorable. Looks mean - but just as sweet as he could be! About mid-day a lady came over to Diane's house looking for him. So, Diane sent the lady over - she lives about a mile away and was tickled to get "Rock" back!


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You mean you don't have a fire pit? I remember the tree house, boys must have had fun there. MOM

Karen said...

hey mom - yeah - we'll use it for the occasional outside event...i just meant that we don't have a inside fireplace anymore.

yeah, robert particularly spent alot of nights out there.

see ya soon! love, k

affectioknit said...

Oh - Eaven wants a treehouse so badly - it'll just have to be a tree stand - as there's only ONE tree - haha - I remember starting to spend the night in our treehouse over the sandbox by myself and getting scared and coming back inside - I think I was about 8...

Love,

T

Miranda said...

I'm so glad that you found the owner of the dog! It's good that he had an owner after all and I hope that they fix his collar!

And someone had been in that tree-house recently... Richard tricked me into going up there over a year ago! It was really scary up there... And I'm glad it didn't collapse on me!

=)