Thursday, July 01, 2010

Sorry, I've not been updating my blog recently!! We're off to the boat for the weekend with Sharon and Buddy. Sharon is going to get a gift from me that I brought back from St. Martin. I had forgotten about it until I found it in a bag I used to pack for the boat. It's more sea glass. She already got a lot in St. Martin. There was a particular beach that was just covered with all sorts of interesting pieces. Duane and I took a car-tour of the island after Sharon and Buddy had left and we collected more! Very interesting colors of glass. Can't figure out what many of them were originally.


In other news, the community is re-working some of the roadways. We had a "work weekend" - Duane used his loader to tidy a lot of the ditches.



Dick and Al helped alot - Dick drove the dump truck. Looks like fun but it was about 99 degrees both days. Lots of lemonade was consumed!! Thanks, Shirley!


The Golden Knights flew into Asheboro airport on Tuesday. They jumped into nearby Victory Junction for a benefit gathering. Neat plane and the guys were very nice also.



More from Ocracoke if we get an internet signal over there....no fireworks this year because of the tragedy last year....

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

AWESOME Sea Glass - I love that stuff! Neat fly in too!