Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas has gotten a little less vibrant around lately with no little ones around. Just some red bows around the house and the "tree" is the infamous Ficus tree that my sis sent me in the early 90's when I was still working at IBM. (I've virtually killed it with freeze/frost several times - therefore it's still reasonably sized....) Add some nice multi-colored lights and you have a quick and easy Christmas Tree!




Saturday we were off to "my side" of the family's Christmas celebration. This year it was at Keith and Denise's house. Let it be noted that we do not go hungry!!


No, there was an abundance of delectable edibles!!


After much visiting and eating, we organized for the "Christmas Present Game".



Same "game" we have played for the past several years. Everyone brought a generic, wrapped gift. We all chose a number from a "hat" - then we either chose a wrapped gift or "stole" a gift from someone else. We do have a few thieves, I might add!

I think everyone had alot of fun. Mom with her first gift - although she ended up with something else!


Robert and Aaron being silly.


Miranda being silly - really hard to see in the dim light, but Miranda had put Bridget's UNC Tarheel Christmas hat on Robert's head.....I think at that moment, Robert didn't know what was on the hat. A moment later, he realized it and very quickly removed it!!!


There was some very pretty ribbon - I think from Eddie and Trudi's gifts....you'll notice it was popular because it was worn by several people during the night.

Aaron A.K.A. Michalangelo (from the 80's -early 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)



Miranda and Richard opening gifts.


"Fist Bump" with Grandma and Franks gift to them (ski gloves - they were going skiing on Sunday).

The lovely couple - newly engaged Aaron and Ashlee.



I tried to get a picture of Miranda in NC State RED!!!




She wasn't being very co-operative!!!



Then someone got this photo of me with the evil hat!


Duane and I opening our gift from my sis in N.D. - notice the ribbon around his head - he was said to be "Donatello" (also a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle).





Really, everyone seemed to have a terrific time!



We stayed overnite at Mom and Frank's - then headed over to Granny and Cordy's for the McCraw Christmas gathering. We don't often get to go to that gathering because it is almost always on a date we can't attend. We had a nice reunion-style dinner with Duane's dad's siblings and their families. I only snapped a photo of Obie the cat at Granny's house! Happy, spoiled cat!!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Of course that all looks like so much FUN! and I wish we had been there...Scout asked if that was Twighlight on the bed - I told him I thought it was Odie...

Love,

T

Miranda said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, Karen - that hat was gorgeoussss! =)