Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Books, books, books - Books I've Read and Books To Be Read

I haven't talked about books I'm reading lately.....

In the past 2 months, I've read the following:

Killing Jesus by Bill O'reilly

The One and Only by Emily Giffin

A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison (my choice for book club this month!)

Art of Hearing Heartbeats by  Jan-Phillipp Sendker

and I am about 1/2 way thru A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn
(wow - a really good history book!!!)

I have truly loved all the above books and highly recommend them!

Trying to keep myself busy while Duane is recuperating from his bad cough - I stumbled upon a list of 100 books to read before you die.....I had read a surprising number of them.  Some were more "textbook" in nature, so I think I'll pass on those.

But, I picked out the following list for the coming year.  I'll let you know how it goes!

The Phantom Tollboth by Norton Juster

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl  (seen the movie of course - don't think I've read the book!)

The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham

The Handmaid's Tale  by Margaret Atwood

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison   (not the H.G. Wells book  haha!)

Bel Canto  by Ann Patchett

Catch-22   by Joseph Heller 

The Lightning Thief - Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (I think I've read this with the boys but will re-visit)

Beloved by Toni Morrison

Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

The Color of Water by James McBride

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The Long Goodbye  by  Raymond Chandler

The Secret History by Donn Tartt  (read her book Goldfinch)

Valley of the Dolls by  Jacqueline Susann





1 comment:

affectioknit said...

My fave from your list...Le Petit Prince...I have it in French if you want to borrow it...ha!

Love,

T