Thursday, May 10, 2007


It's me again. Sorry if that last post took a long time to load....this is what I get for following my husband on a emergency business trip. He's still at work and it's 8:30pm here. (He did call to let me know, if you're wondering...)



My punishment is called - walking 1/2 mile down the very busy Beijing street, ordering a meal "take-along" and coming back to the room to eat it alone! (They apparently don't have what we consider Chinese Take Out!) I had to sit in a booth waiting for them to prepare it just as if I was going to eat it there.
It's pretty cool, though. This entire meal cost 22yuan - or $2.86. Including the huge beer. No tax. No tipping allowed. And if you give them, say, 25yuan, they run after you to give you the change. Pretty wild. All-in-all not a bad punishment, I guess.
See ya, K

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - that looks just like the Chinese food we get - even here...

Love,

T

affectioknit2 said...

PS - I meant to send you this link - one of the knitting blogs I read - http://yscmama.typepad.com/little_purl/2007/04/more_beijing_ph.html - she may have some interesting sites for you to see...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey, i tried the link and it doesn't work....

affectioknit2 said...

Hey try this one and just page down past the boring knitting content - the Beijing pics are at the bottom.

http://yscmama.typepad.com/

Love,

T