Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Just thought I'd upload a few pictures so far - Here's leaveing JFK in New York - you could see the NYC skyline nicely on takeoff - a bit hazy though...

Felt like I was seeing an old movie with bad graphics - the screen constantly showed where we were and how long it would take to get to Tokoyo.





Next I'll bore you with photos of some of the food they kept pushing on us...real napkins and nice silverware....actually pretty good food also!






At this point, I was pretty tired of eating....


Neat screen showing altitude and speed, come-on, I was bored!!





Finally, coming in to Tokoyo - after 13 hours.....the terrain was sortof like home, except there were rice paddies..(don't know if that's how you spell it..)

The last ones I'll bore you with for now are the photos of Duane and my meals going from Tokoyo to Beijing. I, of course, opted for the "Japanese meal"....lots of unidentifialbe stuff...mostly fish. I do know that the grey stuff in the little basket on the right top of the plate is octopus. I tried everything - it was all pretty good..no kidding! I just wasn't very hungry after being force-fed for 20 hours! Duane's was very nice and "Western".

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great pictures!! Not boring at all to us. I know you will have a spendid time. E.

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - did y'all get to fly together after all? The pictures are great! I think we're going to Thunder Bay in August - the route to China is not what I expected - and Minus 61 degrees - sounds familiar...

Y'all have fun.

Love ya,

T