Thursday, February 07, 2008

Again, not much happening! I don't know if it's the weather or just pure laziness, but I've not lifted a finger lately to do anything interesting! Oh yeah, except taxes......

I snapped this photo this morning as the sun was rising thru the basement window - our lovely amaryllis is still in bloom! It is on it's last leg, but still quite pretty. It's an amazing flower....(note the Christmas cactus is still confused!)




I'll do a post when I get around to roasting our coffee beans. Here is the sum-total of our recent harvest:



You may remember, we have a nice sized coffee tree/bush at the Asheboro airport. It started as a little 2" plant that was included in a vendor shipment several years ago. My right-hand girl, Bobbi, takes care of it. It's now about 4 FEET tall and very pretty. About a year ago, we noticed it had a few red berries. A couple of weeks ago, we harvested this little handful. I put them out on the windowsill to dry. Now I'll have to read up on how to roast them.

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Oh what fun! I want a coffe plant...

Love,

T