Monday, February 18, 2008

My Valentine's Day gift was a trip to the boat - Duane took off Friday and we flew down early in the morning. Had a nice quiet but cool sail/bottle of wine in the afternoon.



Here is the marina as we're coming back....the wind had died out completely....very calm... notice the large power boats to the right....these belong to a local fisher-family. The lady of the house was at the back of one of the boats as we motored past. I called to her to ask if they had shrimp today - and she said "yeah, come on over"....so I did just that!

These are the lovely shrimpy's that I got. YUM - I fixed a little scampy sauce for myself and just barely cooked them. They were almost like lobster they were so fresh and sweet! Unfortunately, they didn't have any fresh fish, so I had to make Duane a burger steak instead.
Some wine, a salad and some veggies made a good meal.
Dishes washed, I was ready for a little laziness!

Back at home, Duane scraped the driveway - it had gotten a little rutted lately from our drag-strip driving boy.....
Oh, and the Daffy's are blooming now!! Eat your heart out, N.D!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

What a nice trip - what are you reading? The calm sunset looks lovely. Quit rubbing in the spring thing...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Makes me think of our trip down there. We'll do it again sometime, when it warms up. Hope to see some of those shrimp. E