Monday, March 09, 2009

Even More 4-Runner Work

While the guys got dirty again exchanging engines in the 4-Runner, I did some minor house-cleaning.

I've accumulated too many towels - lately we've been given some really nice, luxurious towels as gifts (thank you very much!!). My bathroom closet was just overflowing with 10+ years of all kinds of towels - kids themed, striped, solid, beach towels - you name it - I had it! Many were beginning to fray at the edges or I had splashed bleach (oops!!)

So, I pulled them all out, sorted thru the ones I wanted to keep and took the rest to the hangar to use as rags.





I know that a full towel is usually too much "bulk" to use as a grease-rag, so I sat down on the hangar floor and set to the task of cutting them into usable pieces. I thought about hemming the edges....and then I quickly decided that I really just wasn't that enthused! They'll work fine with the raw edges and can be tossed after use!




Richard working on the 4-Runner - note the "new" engine in place now!!


I had to sneak a shot from across the hangar....I think they're getting tired of me with my camera......I think we all enjoyed the 80 degree day!!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

80 degrees - that's just CRAZY!

Good use for the old towels...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Glad the engine is coming along. I'm sure they appreciate the good rags. E