Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just some pretty springtime vegetation

When I wander around outside looking at my flowers, alot of the items have "history". In other words, someone gave them to me!


Like these Japanese Iris's from Mom....just sprouting up out of last year's dead leaves.


Denise and Keith gave me this stuff- I think it's akin to Sedum ...prolific ground cover!!

Columbine from Mom - this one doesn't really like our drought/hot summers but it's been hanging in there year after year....

These have no history - but they are pretty, late blooming daffy's - I'll separate them this year and maybe pass on some history to one of you!!!


One our airport neighbors, Randy, gave me a bag of Day Lily tubers this winter....I stuck them in the ground - it will be neat to see how they turn out!


Hosta's from Mom just now making an appearance...I always love to see those little spikes poke thru the ground every year.



These pansies don't have any real history except that they were purchased from Lowe's several years ago and keep coming back!!


4 comments:

affectioknit said...

I love all your flowers - I especially like Pansies - that's neat that yours come back - The Man's Aunt Emma used to save her Pansy seeds for us - when we lived in BG...

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

I concur...it's like a little surprise party out there every spring isn't it?! Ha!

Um yeah...I had my camera sitting right by my basket last night with every intention of photographing the group! I can't say that's the first time I've done that, though!

No worries, we'll have plenty of opportunity for photogs! Yeah!

Thanks again for your sweet hospitality! You have a beautiful home!

Elizabeth said...

It's always nice to have flowers just come back year after year. I'll have to post some of mine soon. E

~ Denise ~ said...

Spring! Spring! Spring!! ;)