Friday, January 29, 2010

600 posts!! and this is a stinky one!!

I started this crazy thing in September of 2006....lots of "nothing" has been discussed, hasn't it? Onward we go - second star to the right and straight on till morning!!!

First I'll show you something NOT stinky...it's Friday and I'm "Home Alone". Therefore, I got to cook some of my sprouts. Duane doesn't care for them.....This dish is just mung bean and lentil sprouts, shredded cabbage & carrots, sweet pea pods, pickled ginger. For a sauce, I warmed up some soy sauce, powdered ginger, peanut butter, and Splenda.

Yum - it was really good. (I also had some left-over baked tofu). I'm trying to be good - St Martin is rapidly approaching! Oh - Diane and I started a workout routine in her basement. Hope I can stick to it with my "workout buddy".





Now for the "Stinky" part:

We were long overdue for a septic tank pumpout. No problems, but it has been 10 years at least since we had it pumped.

I called the local fellow that I see driving down the road in this catchy (and VERY clean truck)...if you can't read the sign on top it says - "Caution Truck May Be Transporting Political Promises"....



And the side reads "It Happens - We Pump It"....guess you've got to have a sense of humor in that business!




Hard-working guys - they made quick work of it - even had to dig down 2 feet to get to one of the tanks. It was certainly worth a couple of hundred bucks - not exactly something you can do yourself!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your healthy food looks good. And that is a cute truck. MOM

affectioknit said...

Wow! YUM and YUCK in the same post! Happy 600th post!

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

Happy snowy Saturday my friend! You've given me cause for pondering...hmm, I'm wondering. Could you help this city girl determine when my poop needs to be pumped?! I've never lived with a septic tank before and am not sure how much attention it needs! Thanks for any help!

Just Marianne said...

Wow 600 posts! I just looked and I only have 76! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Joyce, they say to pump every two years but we have only pumped once and we moved into our house in July 1996! Oh well!

Amy Wallace said...

I can't tell you how happy I was to find your blog this morning! I have been searching for the number for this septic company for days, after seeing them around town a number of times! I was also excited to find a blog by someone local! Very cool! Oh, and Joyce, every 5 years is the average for a pump if your house is in full use. We have a 3 bed, tank rated for 4 bed, and there are 4 people in our house. Considered full use, so every 5 years is the norm. If you are in Chatham county, the county comes to inspect your set up every 5 years and can give you more insight based on your set up.