Sunday, January 17, 2010

A movie and dinner!

Rainy and chilly today...ugh....

We joined our friends from the airport last night to see Avatar in 3-D. Great movie, even if the story line is a bit far-fetched. It is fantasy, right?? I said great movie - although I didn't see every moment of the movie.....it made me very seasick!!! I should have listened to my mother who said she had heard that it made people sick! Unfortunately, we were almost the last ones into the theater and had to sit in the very front. A terrible place to see any movie, but really bad for the 3-D ones. After closing my eyes a while - going to get a real-sugar Coke - I finally went to the top of the steps and sat there for about 10 minutes. MUCH better. Wished we had gotten there a half-hour early for good seats!



It all worked out fine - we all went to PF Changs for a nice meal afterwards.




Lovely Lindy with the desert that her husband so kindly ordered. Note that Dick is sitting to her right with his arms crossed like he's not going to eat any of it.....I can assure you he did.... Fun!

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

FUN! I've heard good things about that movie - do you think it's kid appropriate?

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey - i think scout would enjoy - there is alot of "action" that involves fighting, but it's the good-vs-evil kind of fighting....plus i don't remember hardly any "gore". i think all you ever see is a kiss. definitely too much for a 6 yr old, but quite appropriate for scout. sit at the back for the best view if they have it in 3-d!!!! it's definitely different than your average 3-d movie - the glasses are real glass and have a funny shimmer in them. love, k

Elizabeth said...

We may see that movie soon. I'll probably opt for the non-3D version. Even that in fast action and heavy light sequences make me dizzy. PJ Chang's is a great place to eat, too. MOM