Monday, November 16, 2009

Quick trip to Myrtle Beach

We were so lazy Saturday - so Sunday, we decided to hop in the airplane and make a quick little outing to Myrtle Beach. Takes about an hour to get there and the North Myrtle Beach Airport has rental cars "by the hour". A really sweet deal!

I needed new tennis shoes - I always get my shoes there, just an excuse to go, I believe.... So we headed to Broadway on the Beach. I was going to say "mall", but it's really more of an "entertainment area". They've added some new "stuff" since we were there last. A neat Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville. We didn't go in - last one we went to in Las Vegas was so noisy we literally couldn't talk to the person beside us. (This one did seem quieter though. Might do it some other time for fun if we had a group with us.)







They have an IMAX theater - I love the big screen and wonderful sound! We saw "Polar Express"....I needed that because I'm a bit of a Scrooge.

And a real Dork!!! (the glasses are for the 3-D effects, aren't they precious??)



Had a nice quiet ride home.




Pretty sunset!!!


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet trip - I how I miss the beach - we used to go to the Isle of Palms all the time when we lived in Cola...

Love the glasses - did you get your shoes?

You're no Scrooge!!!

love,

T

Just Marianne said...

Now I am jealous! My stomping grounds, but I can share! That sunset was gorgeous!

Karen said...

hey sis - yeah, ended up with 3 pairs - all New Balance (i understand they make most of their shoes in the US and UK, which is pretty cool these days!). i wear them out pretty quick walking on the tarmac at the airports - something about the rock in the pavement wears them out really quickly.

and hey marianne!! i texted you on your cell that we were coming your way. according to your FB, i think you were occupied with a little running. we'll cross paths down there sometime. and yes, the sunset was a winner!

love, k