Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Swiss Chard recipe

My dear friend and neighbor Lindy gave me the last of their Swiss Chard about a week ago. She also gave me a wonderful recipe and the fresh dill also!

Swiss Chard w/ Chickpeas and Feta

1/4 c. olive oil
3 lbs. Swiss chard
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 c. chopped dill
2 garlic cloves, minced
19 oz. can chickpeas, drained
salt and pepper to taste
3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled


Wilt chard in large pot about 4 minutes. Drain, squeeze dry and chop.
Toss with other ingredients except cheese (I omitted most of the olive oil and it was great anyway!)
Spoon into greased baking dish. Sprinkle feta on top. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.


Here's the chopped veggies. The chard is steaming in the pot....



Dump it all together, top with cheese, bake - and you have a really neat dish with an "interesting blend of flavors" as Lindy wrote in her cookbook!


I served with a nice veggie burger for a hearty meal.

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

That looks really good - I just made another crockpot full of chickpeas and I think I have a recipe for vegan feta somewhere...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey - i used regular feta (first cheese i've eaten in quite some time) and it was yummy!!

love, k

Miranda said...

I LOVE Feta!